Monday, December 20, 2010

Sometimes...

Sometimes I loose site of my mission I'm on. Sometimes I forget that it is even a mission. Sometimes I see my friends or aquantances with their nice big brick houses, and their big suv's and for a fraction of a second I want it! I want it all and I want it now! Forgetting my goals in life because what they have seems so much better than anything I have right now. When in reality I do have it all and have it all right now. I have a nice (older home that needs some tlc) but none the less very nice home, I have a husband who has a VERY good job, I have three very active mostly healthy kids(nothing terminal), I have the white picket fence, the dog, the minivan outside my house that gets me where I need to go, health insurance, all my immediate needs are met as well as my childrens, and yet I sometimes get distracted and want more. Isn't this human to always want what we think is better? I'm not content to settle for that explantion. Because essentially I don't want what they have! I certainly don't want the bills that come with having what they have! I will take what I have an praise God everyday for it because in the end none of it matters. All that really matters is that I have Jesus, and that's all I need. I will continue on my mission to get out of debt, to someday have my farm just outside the city to retire to and praise God I will get there and if for some reason he doesn't see fit to let me accomplish this here. I know I will have it there with him. Thank you Lord for your blessings on me and my family...

Live, Love, & Laugh

No comments: