Monday, September 10, 2012

gosh its been so long...

Ive not been here in quite awhile :/ ive come so far in my journey to getting healthier but alas I don't have much weight loss to report. Its been really hard trying to figure out the combination that's going to work for me. I think ive finally got it though! I lost 10 pounds in about 2 weeks! Thanks to doing ALOT of research into plant based eating recommended by Rip Esselstyne Dr Caldwell Esselstyne, Jeff Novick, and Dr Mcdougall. Ive mainly cut out almost all fats almost!, and no more cheese or dairy of any kind. I feel much better and my arthritis feels better. I have better range of motion in my knees now. Its been a long road to get to this point and I keep back sliding. But I'm determined this time if I have say some icecream I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I'm just moving on and the next meal make it good. Knee of my daughters and my husband are doing a version. Of the military diet and having quite good success. Since that diet isn't plant based. And they do not want to give up meat anytime soon I make plant based meals for the most part for us all on the 4 days they are off the diet. For example we have spaghetti with no meat in the sauce or piazza no cheese for me of course. Tacks but I cant get them to eat the beans yet. I'm slowly working on everyone :) like ive said many times its a journey and of course we wont get there in a day. Disclaimer we went to a local ribfest this weekend big mistake as a vegetarian it was gross but I did have a strawberry shortcake I shared it with my husband but I still ate some of the icecream in it :/ so I fasted the rest of the day and am trying to get back on track today :) I'm not going to weigh myself today because I don't want to get upset if I gained any weight back I will check later in the week when things have leveled back out. I tend to wallow in my misery if I mess up and I don't want to trigger that kind of reaction. Ive been gardening a lot more lately. Ive got lots of peas n lettuce coming in and I'm still getting tomatoes n cucumber and peppers out of my garden :) I love to garden and I hope to have my own land one day to do lots of that! Well goodbye for now. Live simply laugh often and love generously...

No comments: