Friday, August 19, 2011

First Day Blues

Today is the first day back to school for the kids around here. It is sorta surreal for me because I am offically through with my Elementary school days with all my children. No longer will they get excited to see me at their school volunteering. Their first thought will probably be- "What did I do?" DOn't get me wrong my kids are very well behaved at school. I don't ever recall being called to the school because of their behavior. My son's inabliity to sit in his seat straight much less at all well that's another story! ;) The boy can't help it! He just can't! I hope his go go go mentality helps him later in life :)

I was fine or I thought I was till I got home, my husband is here because he recently had hernia surgery. He wanted to watch a movie and he of course chose Secretariat. I was game for a moment while I drank my nerve pill (English Toffee Cappachino) until the opening scene is where her mother dies and she comes back home for the funeral. They show flash backs to her childhood. Well that's all it took with my Dad's death still being fresh in mind, and my baby going off to Middle School. The tears came uncontrolably. So I excuse myself to get started with the laundry:0 I'm just not in the mood to have a full blown melt down today. So I switched out the laundry and here I am in my basement hiding till the movie gets happy again :) And trying to keep my mind off my babies at school! I miss them already! As crazy as they make me, I still miss them and it just makes me realize sometime in the not so distant future... they will be gone. It will just be my husband and I. I have no idea what I'm going to do when that chapter is closed. I have no plan for the next sequel! What do you do when 22 years of your life is spent raising kids? I don't really have an educatiion to fall back on. Although I would love to start a craft business from home but the question is how? I guess these are things I need to be finding out. I only have the next 7 years to figure it out:) Those will go by quickly, before I know it. It will all be over and nothing left but wait on the grandkids and hope that I raised self sufficient adults;)

No comments: