Saturday, August 27, 2011

I think...

I think I know what I wanna be when I grow up or rather sooner than later! I'm 37 years old and I've been trying to find myself and figure out where I go after my kids are raised and what I want to do with my life once it is my own again. Not that it will ever truly be my own, nor would I want that. My family is truly everything to me!

I want to be a farmer! I've felt this for a very long time. I've wanted a home in the country away from all the hustle and bustle of everything forever, my whole life really! I've only lived in town since my 20's I never lived in what is considered city limits really till I started staying with my grandmother and although I didn't really live out and both places I still had neighbors very close it wasn't in town. I don't want my neighbors so close anymore that they can see me roll my eyes at them ;) or vise versa :p I knew this is what I wanted when we bought this house right practically in the middle of town. Stupidity I know, but we couldn't find any place in our price range at the time that wasn't right in town. So we bought the first house that was suitable to our needs and in our price range that needed no work to be able to move in. It was only suppose to be 5-10 years and then we would move on after we fixed it up a bit and made some money on it. well it is approaching 8 years here now and we are no where near ready to move. It's very depressing it has me in almost a panic mode all the time because I just want to get all this stuff done and get on with it. I'm not getting any younger and now I have arthritis and just want out of this house with all the stairs that hurt me to walk them :/ We have recently been looking for property so that we can get started on the farm part of the dream even if the house isn't there yet. We can always build or buy a trailer and live on the property while the house is being built. Doesn't matter to me I just want out of here! but I'm trying to breath and remember to be thankful for my blessings. Right now I have a home, a garden, my health, (for the most part,) a dependable vehicle, husband has a good job, my family and their health, so the rest can hold for now...

I just want a simple life with simple pleasures and a simple garden to tend. This sounds crazy to some I know! But I'm certain it's all I want. For now;)

Laugh, Love, Live simply...

1 comment:

Cottage in the City! said...

I think I changed my mind again :)